Thanks to all the members who attended the annual meeting March 6th. We had a productive meeting networking & sharing lots of creative ideas for the future! Please see attached meeting notes. See anything that you'd like to volunteer to make happen? Let STATA know!
- Spring newsletter attached. Share your article ideas, announcements to Deborah at email@example.com
- Advertise your workshops, supervision availability and/or private practice on the STATA web site! Email Carolyn at:firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance (You must be a currently registered STATA member)
- STATA has a FaceBook group! post your inspirational images, articles, upcoming workshops and/or events related to AT. You can also follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
- Forward this email to your AT colleagues who might not be getting this message. Paid STATA members are on the email list. We certainly don't want to miss anyone & would like to have more AT"s join STATA! Thank you!
ART SHOW UPDATES:
- At the annual meeting, members voted to create a theme for the annual STATA show
- Art show participants will be asked to create a painting in response to a quote. Size of painting TBD, based on space.
- We're still looking for spaces. The show theme & specifics will help us identify a space that's a best fit. Email STATA your venue suggestions, with contact info.
On behalf of the STATA board, thank you!
If you want to read the full meeting minutes, click here: Annual Meeting Minutes March 2016
The TX State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors, Application & Supervision Issues Committees
The Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors is an independent licensing board administratively attached to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
The Board will convene a public meeting on
July 11, 2018. Please visit the following link to
view and/or print meeting agendas, which include dates, times, locations, and topics of action and/or discussion.
Altered Pages & Random Acts of Creative Kindness
We are a group of art therapists who want to share the healing power in creating art. We invite participants to explore art making through recycled materials - creating altered book pages, black out poetry, and random acts of creative kindness.
Join us May 5th and 6th at the Maker Faire at Palmer Event Center in Austin TX.
Epilepsy Foundation - 6 week studio project
Position Open and Accepting Interested Applicants:
The Epilepsy Foundation is looking for an art therapist (or someone with a community art background) and Austin-area location to organize their yearly art therapy studio program. The program allows for an individual to explore their creativity, meet others with Epilepsy and express themselves in an open and accepting and safe group setting! The program would run one day a week for 6 weeks culminating with a show, hopefully in the studio of the Art Therapist.