The South Texas Art Therapy Association (STATA) is an affiliate chapter of the American Art Therapy Association. The purpose of this association is to progressively develop the therapeutic use of art, to advance research, to improve standards of practice, and to provide vehicles for the exchange of information and experience.
Our objectives are:
- to aim treatment most effectively toward rehabilitation and the improvement of human welfare
- to improve the effectiveness of those engaged in art therapy through the means of meetings and seminars
- to provide a professional support system for the profession and its practitioners regionally
- to encourage the development of professional training opportunities in art therapy
- to inform people about the field of art therapy.
Interested in getting help from an art therapist? See our Find A Therapist page.